Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roberto Cavalli FW 2011

Since my boyfriend is out carting, I decided to spend this dull sunday afternoon catching up with what's happened in the 'fashion world' the past few weeks. I'm watching all of the videos on Style.com.

And oh, I love Lanvin's 'cape-dresses' and Gucci's vintage feel when it comes to this seasons bags and furs -although I'm not a 70's type of girl, I want that red chiffon dress!-

But my favorite collection has to be Cavalli's: I loved the combo of embroideries and silk! As you may know, last year I was obsessed with the Italian house's silky leopard scarf and now, this year the items Cavalli designed feel like an extension of that. Furthermore, I think Eva is completely right: some looks do feel like armor. They immediately reminded me of late medieval fashion and oriental influences. The girls looked like they just came back from the crusades wearing elaborate decorated doublets, even though the clothes had a very modern cut. These are the pieces I would fight for, I want them in all-black though.

Btw. I don't know why but when I watched the video again, Lily Donaldson-look in Etro Spring Summer 2008 flashed through my mind.



credit: Photo: Yannis Vlamos / GoRunway.com; video: InDigital Media

1 comment:

  1. agreeing with all of this - definitely loving the tucked in hair too :) x

    ReplyDelete