Monday, March 15, 2010

Lille

Last weekend was so busy.

Aside from working on my thesis and catching up with our families, my boyfriend, my sister and I went to see Alice in Wonderland. Maybe I expected too much out of it, but I didn't like it at all. The 3D-effects had no added value, and the story was quite boring. Plus, I missed that whole Tim Burton-vibe. So sad, 'cause I had high hopes for this one.

The following day my boyfriend's band had to play near the Flemish/French border, which gave us the opportunity to head to Lille for a shopping afternoon. We'd been there a few times and we've always loved this little town. It has many of the great luxury brands, a Printemps and the Galleries Lafayette. But the brand that surprised us the most was The Kooples. Belmodo.tv had mentioned their love for the brand, and when I saw the real deal, I couldn't agree more. Great basics with a rock and roll edge for him and her. And the brand's mission statement to dress trendy couples, seduced both my boyfriend and me. We each left the store with our new favorite fashion items. The following day, I already wore my new tulip-skirt to his dad's birthday party, and I think it would look great with my Alexander McQueen skull-shirt as well.

And planning a trip back in a few months, I really need those Marc Jacobs and Repetto-flats I spotted at the Printemps!


3 comments:

  1. Haha, I just bought repetto flats on monday!!! :)Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die rok staat je heel mooi!

    Judith
    http://couture-and-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superleuke outfit! Ik ben ook echt fan van the Kooples en van shoppen in Lille (echt een geweldige stad)!

    Oh wel jammer van de film! Ik wou hem ook graag gaan zien, maar dan misschien toch maar beter van niet :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete