Friday, May 21, 2010

Il Gattopardo

During the final presentation of my Fashion-vs.-Film-thesis, I need to convince the jury that the subject I researched was relevant in a scientific way. Well, yesterday I found a new 'reason why' to add to the list.

Fashion and film are two area's that are constantly on the move, and when both domains unite they create a powerful and dynamic synergy. And here's another example of how they are constantly evolving;

Only last week I handed in my thesis and yesterday already I found another great example that I could've mentioned in the study: Apparently Gucci is a dedicated contributor to Martin Scorsese's Film Foundation! With the money the fashion house donated the film director digitally restored Visconti's Il Gattopardo (1963), which is a masterpiece of the Italian neo-realism film. Next project: La Dolce Vita by Fellini.

Frida Giannini said that Gucci has a long history with film dating back to the 1940's and that they are proud to keep these vibrant, timeless films alive.

Well done, Gucci.



No comments:

Post a Comment