Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New York City - Part Two

On tuesday I read on my sister's Facebook that there was an amazing designer outlet nearby NYC and since it was too hot outside to go to the Central Park Zoo -all animals would be too lazy to even move- we decided to give it a shot and check it out.

The shuttle bus would pick us up at our hotel at 11AM so we still had some time to hang out at Bryant Park, one of my favorite locations in the city and just 2 blocks away from our hotel. The yoga classes at the park seemed like fun.

After a stop at a look-out over the Hudson river and Harlem and a one hour-drive, we arrived at the outlet. I must admit that the outlet in my hometown tops the American one qua look and feel. This one didn't even have trees or green areas. The brands at the Woodbury Outlet are very cool though: Balenciaga, Chanel, Dior, YSL... My boyfriend did some amazing deals, I on the other hand found nothing that I liked. Again, not much in my size. And I wasn't just going to buy anything just because it's 75% off. But it was nice to see another side of NY/New Jersey, since I never visited a traditional US town before.

That evening my boyfriend and I picked up some (healthy!) food at the local deli and dined in Bryan Park again. There were even more people in the park than there were in the morning, yet the atmosphere there was even pleasant. We spent our entire evening there that day and it really is my favorite moment of our whole trip, just the two of us hidden in the megacity.

PS: There is something wrong with the battery of my Macbook Pro so I'm taking it to the shop to get it fix. So I probably won't be able to put up any new pictures or posts for a couple of days.








I love my boyfriend's Alexander McQueen shirt

At Woodbury 





2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Sooo cool!! I want to go to NY again...
    Love your dress and bag...

    Petra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Heel leuke foto's :)

    ReplyDelete