Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fashion Smart

Yesterday a schoolmate left me a message on Facebook saying I was going to love the content of the link he shared. It was a press release of the University of Amsterdam.

Apparently, communication scientists proved that women, who are aware of the fashion brands they wear, have more self-confidence and preform better at cognitive tasks. (In other words: They get 'smarter') An experiment where a group of participants wore a G-Star blazer led to these results, and this particularly was the case for more materialistic women.

The experts conclude with the following advice; That women who are well-aware of the brands they wear, should dress their best in situations, where one needs to perform highly on cognition - such as an exam or a job interview.

Well, I guess any fashionable woman knows that, right? Plus, I'm not sure a brand like G-Star would do it for me. Either way, I'm still thrilled with these findings: What a great excuse to go shopping. On the other hand, do we need one?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I just totally love your blogging style. To me your writings are both down to earth and Carry-like at the same time, a pleasure to read.

    Oh, and about the dissertation (sorry for not replying earlier on that): in theory we're meant to spend a whole year working and writing on it, but for most of us it's not like that, which is mainly because of the fact that we still have to take a whole lot of courses and exams in our final year.

    All the best and good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete