Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chanel & Givenchy Beauty

Yesterday the shop assistant of our local beauty store was so kind to put aside one of Chanel's newest lipsticks, the Rouge Coco Mademoiselle. I'm getting this color, which Vanessa Paradis wears in the latest ad campaign, since it goes so very well with my skin tone. Pure red lipstick is too harsh on me during the day time. The Mademoiselle is more subtle for a day-look and very flattering. So I'm expecting a call in the next few days telling me I can go and pick it up.

However, I still do not understand why the shops only get 3 pieces of a lipstick that is featured in a global campaign. Same reason why I don't understand why all of a sudden Chanel considers its nail polish as super exclusive. Isn't non-exclusivity the main reason why big fashion houses picked up make-up and fragrances? So that they can earn big bucks on a group of people who would never buy a Chanel clothing piece or bag, so that they can feel as if the dream of rare luxury products is within reach?



Anyhow, I've spotted the latest Givenchy perfume print campaign in the store yesterday and I absolutely love it! The dramatic outfit and pose in contrast with the spring decor, I think it's one of the coolest things I've seen in the 'beauty department' lately. Out of curiosity, I tried on the Demoiselle perfume, but it isn't a scent I would wear. I'll just stick to my Terre d'Hermès.

2 comments:

  1. Ja, ik snap het ook niet... Mss verdienen ze toch genoeg nu.
    Dat Givenchy campagne is echt apart, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree the dramatic pose and outfit caught my eye too.

    ReplyDelete